[Heath] SG-7 Help

Garey Barrell k4oah at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 30 11:54:01 EDT 2012

Ron -

The 150 pF (or mmf as it's on the schematic) should be a silver mica as it's part of the frequency
determining circuitry.  The original is probably good.

The 0.1 and 0.02 should probably be film type caps as they are the modulator circuit.  Probably bad.

The rest are all bypass capacitors and may be common disc ceramics.  These are almost always good as
well.

I would also suggest replacing the two 20 uF @ 250 VDC (may be in one tubular package with three
leads) electrolytic capacitors and the selenium rectifier (replace with 1N4007 diode).

I'd also check all the resistors with an ohmmeter to ensure they are within +/- 10% of the marked
value.  Several probably are NOT.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Glen Allen, VA

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line