[Heath] SB-104A problems....

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 19:57:20 EDT 2013

Hello, Friends! Well my trusty SB-104A isn't so trusty any more...

I've done the setup alignment over (like I did when I got it three years
ago). The HFO coils peaked up the way they should have to S4 (S5 on 80m)
and the VFO seems to work mostly. I say that because when I get near the
top 100kHz of any band, the display goes nuts, like there's insufficient
VFO Level. But I believe I set that right, about the center of the
trimmer's rotation.

And after setting the WWV HFO coil, the display shows 16606 or something
wierd now. Maybe it IS VFO Level not suffcient?

Puts out tons of power so THAT part seems fine.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

73, Sandy AC1Y