[Heath] pesky SB-104A deaf why??

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 21:11:49 EDT 2013

Hi, folks,

Well, almost no progress, but I have a few ideas:

Before it REALLY went deaf, it would suddenly go quiet, then the rx would
come back. Once when it did this, I hit the PTT button on the mic and the
rx was back. I figured a dirty relay. So, I prised the cover off it and
gave the contacts a shot of DeOxit. Nope that didn't work.

So, now, here's what I suspect: a cold solder joint on one of the relay
terminals. I'm going after that tomorrow. Hey, the relay has been under
cover all these years; the contacts are probably all right. BUT a
cold-solder joint might just show up. We'll see.

Anyone else have symptoms like this? PLEASE let me know!!

73,

Sandy, AC1Y