[Heath] Fw: SB-301 help

Chris Kepus ckepus at comcast.net
Wed Jan 2 17:05:17 EST 2013

Wow! What a great response from the "Puck" group! Thank you! As I told the
"Heath" group,  I appreciate every comment.  As a couple of you commented,
it will be interesting to see if there is clear cut choice.

I hope more folks check in with their views and rationale.

I will summarize all this but since I have some rather pressing matters to
take care of in the next several days, it will likely have to wait until
next week.

To assist with the compilation, it would help me greatly if you would come
back to me one more time using this scheme to record your
opinion/preference**:

Give me a "1" if you strongly prefer/recommend the SB-101 over the SB-303;
"2"  if you slightly prefer the SB-101 over the SB-303; "3" if you would be
equally happy with either; "4" if you slightly prefer the SB-303 over the
SB-301; "5" if you strongly prefer the SB-303 over the SB-301.  Also, let's
also simplify the main reasons for your preference. Please use these
descriptions: Stability; Selectivity; Sensitivity; Ease of repair;
Reliability (as in needing only infrequent under the hood repair); Energy
consumption (hot vs.not); Concern over parts availability and/or cost;
strong signal handling (intermod performance); Prefer Tube equipment, Prefer
solid state equipment. Whew!

One of the more creative recommendations was: "If you can find a SB-403,
keep the SB-303"! :-)

**Some of you do not need to come back again as you made it real easy for me
to put your preference on the scale and stated your rationale clearly.

Again, thanks for taking part in this opinion poll.  In the end it will help
me and I'm sure many others who are on the fence.

73,

Chris

W7JPG