[Heath] Heathkit VTVM model IM-13

Dick KF4NS kf4nsradio at verizon.net
Thu Jan 10 18:55:51 EST 2013

I restored this unit about 10 years ago and put it in the closet until now. The thing works great, even
better than my nice IM-18.

Now more to the point. I did something that most of us have probably done. During restoration I added a
part and have no idea why.
R13 (ohms adjust pot)  now has a 5.6K resistor on the wiper terminal. Wish I knew why I did it. Was there
a mod somebody created?

The pot has very little control from end to end but the meter needle is right on for infinity after a
good warm-up. Let me know if this is a known mod and why.

Thanks and 73, Dick KF4NS
St Petersburg, FL 33714 USA
Keep The Glow!