[Heath] Heathkit VTVM model IM-13

Ron ra.ah at verizon.net
Fri Jan 11 08:49:37 EST 2013

The original circuit had a 10K pot for Ohms adjustment. This gave a
0 to 10K range. With the added 5.6K, the range became 5.6K to 15.6K.
The effect of the added resistor was a shift in the adjustment point.

I have built and repaired a large number of Heathkit VTVMs (this
portion of the circuit was common to most, if not all, models) and
cannot remember that such a mod was ever necessary. I'll venture a
guess that, due to component tolerances (say, meter too sensitive
or an out of balance 12AU7), your VTVM could not attain correct
Ohms adjustment and you added this resistor to correct the problem.

-- Ron