[Heath] Heathkit VTVM model IM-13

Dick KF4NS kf4nsradio at verizon.net
Sat Jan 12 10:30:08 EST 2013

Thanks Ron, the 12AU7 was replaced with NOS during restoration. You got me thinking  (for me that's
dangerous hi hi) and I now remember that I tried to find an exact replacement for the 10K pot and could
not find one of those with 10 turns and the ball bearings design so I am guessing that there was a
problem with the pot when I tested it, maybe some dead spots, so I took the easy way out using my
resistor decade box.. I guess it is not worth worrying about since alignment is good now and let's face
it, the accuracy is never going to be great. Right?

While on topic, I wanted to mention that I made the mod in my IM-18 replacing the battery with a custom
DC supply. That does not work so great so I decided not to do that in the IM-13. Just have to remember to
check the battery occasionally so I don't have the mess I  had  in the IM-18.

Thanks for the reply my friend.
73, Dick KF4NS
St Petersburg, FL 33714 USA
Keep The Glow!