[Heath] Heathkit VTVM model IM-13

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat Jan 12 13:28:19 EST 2013

Gentlemen:

Your experiences have been very interesting reading for me, and I thank you
for them.

I have two Heathkit VTVMs, one an EUW-24. I find them to be far more
useful on my bench than I first thought they might be.

FYI, there is an article in the latest issue of Electric Radio Magazine in which
the author modified a Heathkit IM-18 to accept a Hewlett-Packard probe from
their HP-410 series.

This enables his Heathkit VTVM to be, essentially, an HP-410, measuring
RF voltages of up to 300 volts at frequencies up to 700 MHz. vs 60 volts
maximum at frequencies up to 30 MHz with the standard Heathkit RF probe.

Ken Gordon W7EKB