[Heath] heathkit parts

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Sat Jan 19 13:58:15 EST 2013

Gang,

several years ago, I wanted to make a batch of the green flip lever knob, the one used to select filters on the HW101 and SB101.

I called around and without much success. Ten Tec makes a box for me for one of my projects and I asked in passing if they could make this part. I sent it to them.

"Sure! No problem."

We talked a bit and I asked about price. "About a quarter a copy--depending on the bushing material used. Steel, brass, or aluminum.

Now, the kicker. I had to order 2500 min

I had to pay for two molds, at around $3k each.

Bottom line was simple. Yes, I could in fact have the part made. It would have to sell for about $250 each. I didn't think there be that much interest. Project dropped.

Mike, WB8VGE