[Heath] SB-614 tech help on traces, PLEASE!

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 16:34:59 EDT 2013

Hi, gang!

Working on getting my old '614 going again. The Horizontal Gain/Position
pot was shot from a broken carbon trace. Got the new pot in and I thought I
would go through the original adjustments section in the Manual.

Got a problem. It seems that the spot will adjust vertically fine, both
gain and position. However, the spot will not go horizontally all the way
across the screen. It only goes from left to about halfway right at the max.

Looking at the "in case of difficulty" section, Heath calls out four little
electros on the Main Circuit Board: C7, 8, 12 and 14. These are the (2)
10uF and (2) 50uF radials. I'll bet that one of these may be the culprit,
but not sure which. And, I can't read the voltage on any of these caps.
100V? 250? ??

I can get the beginnings of the diagonal trace which is described in the
Manual. But with the horizontal trace not adjusting correctly, I can't get
this corrected.

Can someone on the List please give me a hand with this?

73,

Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. Gerli, Sr.
548 Allred Mill Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202

Scotsmen walk about 900 miles each year.
A Scotsman drinks around 45 gallons of Whisky a year.
Scotsmen get about 20 Miles Per Gallon.