[Heath] SB-614 trace problem again

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 11:10:52 EDT 2013

Hi, folks,

Further to my earlier post: I've replaced C108 and C114, the two
electrolytics in the horizontal gain and position chain. Now, I can produce
a straight diagonal trace as per the Adjustments section in the Manual.
Problem is that the horizontal position is incorrect. If I go back to a
spot only (both H and V gain minimum), I can move the spot  horizontally
only about 25% across the screen from the left side at max. Vertical
position works just fine, all the way up as well as down.

Can someone the List please give me an idea which component might be at
fault? I doubt it's one of the driver/amp transistors because if any of
them were defective, I'd get no trace at all, correct?

--
73
,

Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. Gerli, Sr.
548 Allred Mill Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202

Scotsmen walk about 900 miles each year.
A Scotsman drinks around 45 gallons of Whisky a year.
Scotsmen get about 20 Miles Per Gallon.