[Heath] Determining Asking Prices

Gary H. Harmon, Jr. gharmon at idworld.net
Fri Nov 15 09:41:36 EST 2013

I get a lot of inquiries regarding how to determine values of Heathkit items
to sell.  Of course, eBay COMPLETED AUCTIONS is one easy way assuming a
matching or similar item is available.  There used to be someone who kept a
running list based on eBay sales but I haven't seen or heard about that list
lately.  Yes, I realize that eBay can bring prices that are unreasonable.

What other mechanisms do we use to predict values?  I understand condition,
working condition, available manuals, location, shipping or not, quantity
purchased, etc., are all issues.

Any suggestions on how to best set values so the seller (especially estates
of SK HAMs) can receive a reasonable value of their items?

Thanks and 73,

Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK

6003 Archwood

San Antonio, TX 78239-1504

210.657.1549h / 210.884.6926c/t

"Retirement means every day is a Saturday except Sunday"

http://www.grissomroadcoc.org