[Heath] SB-104-A TX weak audio

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 21:01:30 EDT 2013

Hi, folks,

Got a TX audio gain problem. And it's not my mic, as it happens with
several known good mics.

I get perfect 100W out tuning up on High Power, and 10W on Low Power. So,
the finals and CW are fine.

But I have to run the audio gain wide open to be heard. Only way I can get
full-power on SSB is with a whistle into the mic. Speech drops way off. and
it's not a matter of meter damping in my wattmeter; I've discounted that.
This is a recent problem.

Are there any known mods to the speech amplifier (don't remember which
board that is, my manual is downstairs in the shack)? If there are any good
ones to share please e-mail me.

Vy 73,

Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. Gerli, Sr.
548 Allred Mill Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202

Scotsmen walk about 900 miles each year.
A Scotsman drinks around 45 gallons of Whisky a year.
Scotsmen get about 20 Miles Per Gallon.