[Heath] SB-104-A TX weak audio

pmarkavage at juno.com pmarkavage at juno.com
Thu Oct 3 12:42:00 EDT 2013

Several unknowns here. Did it ever work fine? Are you using high or low
impedance mikes? What's the mike input impedance to the rig?

Pete, wa2cwa
http://www.manualman.com

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 21:01:30 -0400 "Alexander N. Gerli" <ac1wye at gmail.com>
writes:
Hi, folks,

Got a TX audio gain problem. And it's not my mic, as it happens with
several known good mics.

I get perfect 100W out tuning up on High Power, and 10W on Low Power. So,
the finals and CW are fine.

But I have to run the audio gain wide open to be heard. Only way I can
get full-power on SSB is with a whistle into the mic. Speech drops way
off. and it's not a matter of meter damping in my wattmeter; I've
discounted that. This is a recent problem.

Are there any known mods to the speech amplifier (don't remember which
board that is, my manual is downstairs in the shack)? If there are any
good ones to share please e-mail me.

Vy 73,

Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. Gerli, Sr.

548 Allred Mill Road

Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202

Scotsmen walk about 900 miles each year.

A Scotsman drinks around 45 gallons of Whisky a year.

Scotsmen get about 20 Miles Per Gallon.