[Heath] HW-8 help

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 11:35:19 EDT 2013

I believe that the cabinet color is Heath "Apache green".  The Sherwin-Williams formula for that color can be found in the article a this URL:

http://k9sth.com/uploads/Boat_Anchor_Paints.pdf

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

On Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:58 PM, Ron Kramer <kd6edv at gmail.com> wrote:

Finally got it on the work bench.

On RX, I got noise that varies with the AF gain control. No signals heard yet.

On TX, the relay clicks on all bands when I transmit. 40 and 20 meters gives me an output that varies with the loading control to a #47 bulb connected to the antenna connector. 80 and 15 meters , no output.

The manual suggests replacing D1 or D5 for 80 meters and D4 or D8 for 15 meters. That will be my next step.

Any other suggestions would be great.

Also need paint for the upper/lower and rear covers.

73's

--
Ron KD6EDV

SKCC# 3551