[Heath] SB-610 focus problem?

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 21:54:11 EDT 2013

*Hi, folks,

*
*I've been using my '610 for a long time and it's always been reliable,
especially after I recapped it.

*
*I'm wondering about something. For those who run these, have you ever
noticed how the trace line can be focused real sharp in the center and it
gets out of focus at the edges? Not by a whole lot, but it's noticeable.

*
*I also have a HO-10 I've rebuilt and I use that on my bench with my dummy
load for testing. The horizontal trace on that is clean all the way across
once the focus is set.

*
*Is there something I need to get into and check on the '610, maybe an
out-of-spec resistor(s) or something else in the Focus circuit? Anybody
have a thought on this?

*
Thanks es 73,   Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. Gerli, Sr.
548 Allred Mill Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202

Scotsmen walk about 900 miles each year.
A Scotsman drinks around 45 gallons of Whisky a year.
Scotsmen get about 20 Miles Per Gallon.