[Heath] SB-610 focus problem?

G3OOU at aol.com G3OOU at aol.com
Mon Oct 28 12:30:00 EDT 2013

Hi Sandy

I have the same problem on my SB610 which I suspect is due to out of
tolerance resistors around the tube voltage divider circuits. Heath never
provided any form of astigmatism control on those scopes so that meant that some
of the control voltage divider resistors had to be 'averaged' for best
focus.  The resistors have probably aged upwards over the years so a good idea to
check  them all with a meter.

The later scopes like the SB614 had an astigmatism control so you could use
 that information to add one to your SB610 with a new preset on the rear
panel.

73

Bob

Bob F Burns G3OOU