[Heath] Tutor Wanted

Dave Edwards kd2e at comcast.net
Sat Sep 7 10:45:14 EDT 2013

Doug.....

I would suggest finding one symptom at a time, and posting it to the
group. This way, you can hope to get 3 or more responses.....if they all
agree, you probably have the answer.
If they are three different suggestions, you can try them all....and
better learn what the line of thought is.
In addition, this gives others the chance to learn as well by reading
along.  Some may be shy to throw their $.02 in, but are curious as to
the progress of the repair.

This is a very powerful way of proceeding....you get some very smart
troubleshooters all spinning their wheels to come to a successful
conclusion.

I suggest starting with......
1. Does anything light up?    (tubes, light bulbs etc.)  Perhaps a fuse
is blown. If stuff lights up, then at least you have power, and a
working filament transformer.

Use direct simple subject (SHAWNEE REPAIR) to make it easier for those
to track the goings-ons.

I've done this several times, and the bright folks on this group have
helped me get a rig (and tube-type stereo amp) running again!

......Dave