[Heath] SB-620?

G3OOU at aol.com G3OOU at aol.com
Fri Sep 13 04:28:01 EDT 2013

Hi Chris

In my personal opinion the SB620 is one of the very few units that Heathkit
 did not get quite right. All example photos that I see with signals
displayed  show severe signs of slew rate distortion - too high a scan speed for
the  IF bandwidth. For displaying general band activity the '620 IF
bandwidth is too narrow.

The solution is not technically difficult but the internal component
arrangement makes changes difficult so I propose the re-engineer my SB620 to
make it more flexible and increase the vertical dynamic range.

73

Bob

Bob F Burns G3OOU
C  Eng, FIET, MSE