[Heath] Lubing question: Thinning PTFE (Teflon) grease?

Robert Myers rsmyers at rogers.com
Mon Aug 4 11:24:45 EDT 2014

I have a couple tubes of PTFE (Teflon) grease from different

manufacturers.  It has the consistency of Vaseline, or stiffer.

Is there anything anyone would recommend I can use to thin it down a bit 'as

needed' without ruining its good properties (like not being harmful

to plastics).  I would like to do this so I can get it into some tighter.

Yes. I know one can buy a tube of the liquefied Teflon lube stuff

at Radio Shack that comes out of a syringe, but just interested in a good
thinning method for now - if there is one.

Thanks,

--- Rob Myers, VE3JQL