[Heath] Heath SB 300 series receivers

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 10:22:29 EST 2014

All 3-receivers will transceive with the SB-400 and SB-401.  Of the 3, the SB-301 is definitely the best.  It is an improved version of the SB-300.  The SB-303, not the SB-313, is the 3rd of the receivers that work with the transmitters.  However, the SB-303 is solid-state and definitely has problems.  This was Heath's first attempt at making a fully solid-state amateur only band receiver and they learned a "bit" from the SB-303.
The SB-303 overloads badly with very strong signals, the internally generated noise is often very high (depends on the individual receiver), and the audio output transistors tend to go bad.
The SB-310 and SB-313 receivers were for SWL use and do not have all that many amateur radio bands and came only with an AM filter, not the filters for SSB and CW.  Glen, K9STH