[Heath] Improving the GR-81?

Mark Johnson mvjohn at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 5 19:13:41 EST 2014

Hello Guy,

>From my experience with one, you need a great deal of patience and need to
learn to adjust the regen control to the sweet spot. That comes with
practice.

Also, as per the manual, there is quite a difference depending on which
antenna lug you select. Long ant, short ant. You also have to juggle the
regen control with the bandspread control while tuning in a station.

My radio worked fine but practice and patience are required...also..there
are limits given its simplicity...

Mark

VE3LU