[Heath] HW-8

N4ch at aol.com N4ch at aol.com
Thu Jan 16 14:50:26 EST 2014

Not sure if this is your first post here or not........first  one I have
seen, though.   Might be an instability.........check for  an oscillation if U
have access to a spectrum analyzer.   If U don't,  does the key-up current
drawn by the HW-8 change when U tune the TX output  tuning cap, change
bands, or tune any of the mica trimmer caps near the  bandswitch ??   It should
remain very low once the rig is  unkeyed.   Tuning the big output capacitor
(front panel) and/or any of  the exciter trim caps should make ZERO
difference in current drawn, while the  radio is in the receive mode.   Good luck.

73, Herman, N4CH.

In a message dated 1/16/2014 10:59:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,