[Heath] SB-303 Noise Blanker Schematic

Guy Giacopuzzi gggdds at js-net.com
Sat Mar 15 23:07:12 EDT 2014

Coool....now, does anyone have an SB-104 schematic handy so that a
comparison could be made?  I'm betting that Pete's 303 blanker is unique
to the 303'...and now the big question remains, why didn't they develop
this on the 303'?  I know the answer to one question though....The
question, is why does a 303' have an rf attenuator in the first place?
It's kind of stupid, and it doesn't do anything that an rf gain control
can't already do.  Soooo, I bet this "rf attenuator' was the cheap
answer to "What do we fill that spot with?" that the engineers had to
answer when they couldn't get the noise blanker to work.  At least,
that's my theory...

Guy,
WA6OQQ