[Heath] More on the SB-303 Noise Blanker

pmarkavage at juno.com pmarkavage at juno.com
Sun Mar 16 23:42:24 EDT 2014

I just reviewed quickly two of my original SB-303 manuals (595-1124 and
595-1124-01)
In manual 595-1124 (the 1st iteration of the manual) there is no
reference to a "noise blanker" except on page 152 Troubleshooting Chart
for the Mixer Circuit Board. Symptom: No output from the first mixer;
Possible Cause: 2. Refer to the "Blanker Troubleshooting Chart." There is
no Blanker Troubleshooting Chart in the manual.

In manual 595-1124-01, page 152 Troubleshooting Chart for the Mixer
Circuit Board. Symptom: No output from the first mixer; Possible Cause:
#2 no longer appears.

And, as I said in another post, the SB-104 noise blanker (SBA-104-1)
schematic does not match the schematic you have for your SB-303.

Pete, wa2cwa