[Heath] HW-16 Refurbishment status and thanks

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Wed Mar 19 12:27:01 EDT 2014

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to answers on the HW-16 I am refurbishing.  It is getting really close to being operational, with (I think) only the oscillation on strong signal being left to fix.  I tried all of the suggestions posted here, but none so far have been successful.

The HW-16 project needs to be moved to the back burner for a couple of weeks while I await replacement parts.  Too many of the carbon comp resistors had drifted up, so I'm ordering replacements to get things back where they should be.  I also need the (finite) bench space to do final frequency tweaks to Drake R4/TX4C and TR4/RV4 combos to get them ready to be offered for sale at an upcoming tailgate.

'Watch this space' for a restart of the HW-16 project, and I again appreciated all of the comments.  I hope we can get this back up to 100% operational status 'cause it is sure a nice little transceiver.

73        WB4LNM