[Heath] SB-634 clock calibration with WWV?

G3OOU at aol.com G3OOU at aol.com
Sun Oct 5 11:50:55 EDT 2014

Hi Sandy

The reference frequency for the clock chip IC201 is provided by your  mains
supply so there is no way to adjust that. Over long periods, say 24 hours,
the mains supply is supposed to be very accurate and you can probably find
the  spec for the US mains on the Internet. Over short periods of time the
mains  frequency moves around a bit.

If you find that the time is changing randomly faster than expected  then
it may be noise or pulse interference on the mains causing false triggering
but there is a simple RC filter inside the SB634 to remove any pulses. Check
 that the filter capacitor C202 (0.02uF) is still good.

I have a collection of service bulletins for the SB634 if you need  them.

73

Bob

Bob F Burns G3OOU
C  Eng, FIET, MSE