[Heath] HW-8 Cover Help

G3OOU at aol.com G3OOU at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 09:31:36 EDT 2014

Hi Ron

I am guessing that the hole was made to accomodate a loudspeaker by a
previous owner. You can fill the hole with a new piece of metal and weld it in
place but that would require grinding and smoothing down the welds, priming
and  repainting the whole case. I would fit a loudspeaker and grill. There
are no top  internal support bars so you should be able to get the rear panel
past it by  lifting the front panel as you slide the chassis out of the
case.

I usually use chrome plated bolts held in place with retaining nuts or a
strong adhesive to fill unwanted holes in a front, top or rear panel.

73

Bob

Bob F Burns G3OOU
C  Eng, FIET, MSE