[Heath] IO-4235 scope operation question.

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 12:59:18 EDT 2014

Hi, folks,

I'm having trouble getting a trace on my scope. That is to say, I'm just
trying to read some p-p voltages while working on an old transceiver. I can
get a spot and center it, but I can't get the horizontal sweep to start.
Naturally, all I have is the Assembly Manual for it. Can someone give me
some generic help on what settings I've got to use to read this? I've set
it up for 10V p-p, but then I attach the probe to the circuit point, the
spot goes off-screen like it's clamping. Tried different voltage settings,
no luck. The darn sweep won't start. and I've probably got an incorrrect
setting somewhere.

​Thanks for the help! 73, Sandy AC1Y​

Alexander N. Gerli, Sr.
548 Allred Mill Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202

Scotsmen walk about 900 miles each year.
A Scotsman drinks around 45 gallons of Whisky a year.
Scotsmen get about 20 Miles Per Gallon.