[Heath] IM-2420 Freq Counter problem

Ronald Carlson ronald.carlson.54 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 26 11:10:36 EDT 2014

Alex,

The first place I'd check is the circuitry as described in Section #16 on pg 78 of the manual.  Check the output of the decade counters that feed the latch decoder driver.  From a display of 106.9400 MHz this might be the 3rd LSB for the 6th decimal digit (V3 perhaps?).  Reset U22, U28 and U29 first.  If that doesn't do it, check with a logic probed / scope on U28 and U29 input pins from U29, the third bit (2^2) seems disconnected.  Or just carefully resolder all the pins on U22 and U28, maybe U29 for good measure too.  Let us know!

If you need a schematic, illustration set, manual let me know.

Regards, Ron