[Heath] IM-2420 Freq Counter problem

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Fri Sep 26 12:13:07 EDT 2014

On 25 Sep 2014 at 17:41, Alexander N. Gerli wrote:

> Hi, gang!
>
> I'm trying to figure out something. My counter does count, but one
> digit's way off - the x10MHz. For instance, if I key up my HT nearby
> on 146.34/94, the counter displays "106.3400" Off by 40MHz.

Some one counter or output chip is missing a single "bit".

Tracking that one down might be difficult....although it could be as simple as
a chip improperly seated with one "leg" either completely outside of its
associated "socket", or with the leg folded under and only touching the
socket. This last is a VERY common problem.

Your idea of reseating all chips is what I would first try: in the process, IFF
you do it carefully enough, examining each chip as you remove it, then
replace it, you may find that errant chip.

Ken W7EKB