[Heath] [Heathkit] HW-101

Ken Winterling wa2lbi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 21:33:43 EDT 2015

Gary,

Use a "dim bulb tester" or "transformer saver" to power the rig.  It will
stop the breaker from tripping and reduce stress on the transfomer and
other components.  When the overload occurs the bulb will glow brightly
then you can go looking for whatever caused the overload while the power is
still on (of course, be careful).   Check all of the voltages.  You will
likely find one (or more) that is not correct and that will lead you to the
defective component(s).

Although not stated I am assuminig the rig in in receive mode.  If that is
the case I would remove the finals to eliminate them as as source of the
problem.  The bias supply would be suspect if the overload doesn't occur
with the finals removed.

Ken
WA2LBI

--