[Heath] HW-101 Tuning Slugs

Gary H. Harmon, Jr. gharmon at idworld.net
Sun Apr 26 18:24:53 EDT 2015

In years past, one could buy replacement slugs for the Heathkit.  I need
several to restore a friend's HW-101.  I know I can buy complete boards and
that is what I may have to do but in the interim, are the slugs available?
I also know that cracked slugs will have to be drilled out.  What can be
used for a lubricant for the replacement slugs?  I also think I recall
someone suggesting using a think rubber band or dial cord when starting the
replacement slug into the hole to keep the slug from slipping.

What am I missing?

Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK - HAM Radio Archaeologist

6003 Archwood

San Antonio, TX 78239-1504

210.657.1549h / 210.884.6926c/t

gharmon (at) idworld.net

Too many projects - Not enough time!

"Retirement = Every day is a Saturday except Sunday"

http://www.grissomroadcoc.org