[Heath] Headset mics for older Heath rigs?

Randy Kaeding randyk44 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 19 10:31:04 EDT 2016

Hi Sandy.

I can't answer your question. But I would take exception to Heil mikes being "superb."

I had an older Heil headset that was pre-wired by them to match Icom products. I used it with my IC-765 transceiver. What I found was that I needed to have the mike gain turned up much higher than usual to drive the transmitter. And, for some reason, the receiver audio always seemed to be a little off-frequency (I know that sounds impossible).

Yes, Heil mikes are very good products. But I believe they get way too much hype.

Randy, K8TMK