[Heath] Headset mics for older Heath rigs?

James Owen k4cgy at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 21:54:32 EDT 2016

Hi Sandy,    Just about anything should work just fine.  I have used crystal, and dynamic  and all work great.  Be careful of any "power" mics  or anything with a preamp as they will overdrive the input preamp in the Heathkit, keep gain down if you use one.   I have found the Heil headsets to be one of the best both in operation and comfort.  You can find the pro line on ebay for under $100.00 if you look and wait. The smaller Traveler can be found for less.
73 Jim
 James C. Owen, III K4CGY