[Heath] SB-102 Idling plate current

Joseph Smalley mymodecw-hamitup at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 21:05:20 EST 2016

Hello fellow Hams, Name is Joe, call WA3CKA, builder of my SB-102 in 1972, updated 3 years ago in use everyday.
I find that the idling plate current rises above the 50 ma setting as I transmit in a normal length CW QSO maybe 5 minutes.

Final tubes were new old stock now 3 years old.  Any suggestions as what may be causing this condition.
You can speak to me in technical terms if you want as I am a retired electronics tech.  So far I find nothing wrong.
I only do CW.  73 to all.
Joe WA3CKA