[Heath] Need help accessing the Heath Archives....

Mark Johnson mvjohn at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 16 21:46:31 EST 2016

Guy,

The variable cap does NOT go the full 180. It goes full mesh to about three quarters open. Those small pegs, or stops, do shift down at times, and then you have to get them back into place and then check the variable cap movement.

The "trick" is to make sure the LMO delivers a LINEAR 5 MHz to 5.5 MHz output. To check this, I have the LMO fastened down with power supplied by the actual piece of Heath gear. I then hook my freq. counter to the output, put the circular dial on the LMO shaft, and then tune the entire range making sure the output is linear when tracked to the dial.

While you have the LMO apart, I'd recommend you solder a braid strap from the variable cap rotor shaft to the variable cap frame. Solves intermittent grounding that occurs over time.

Mark VE3LU

Sent from my iPad