[Heath] Need help accessing the Heath Archives....

G3OOU at aol.com G3OOU at aol.com
Sun Jan 17 04:00:31 EST 2016

Hi Guy

Looking at the structure of the LMO tuning capacitor, I would not expect it
 to exhibit a linear tuning characteristic over 180 degree travel which is
why  the designers deliberately restricted the travel to around 20 degrees
less than  180. The missing parts at each end of the travel will not have a
linear  frequency characteristic so are restricted from use by the stop
mechanism.

I am currently rebuilding an LMO for another project as the tuning
capacitor and worm drive are in good condition.

73

Bob

Bob F Burns G3OOU,  G-QRP 6907, @BobFBurns
Crystal Palace Radio & Electronics Club: _www.g3oou.co.uk_