[Heath] AR-3...

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 22 17:24:35 EST 2016

I have both an AR-2 and an AR-3.

For "casual" tuning around, both are "OK".  However, for serious work, I have quite a number of receivers that are definitely much better.

Now, for Christmas 1956, my parents got me a used Heath AR-3 to replace the old TrueTone receiver that had a single shortwave band that I was using for a receiver.  I was in 7th heaven!  The AR-3 was a "real" receiver and I could listen to the world.  Then, in April 1959, I traded the AR-3 in for a brand new Hallicrafters S-107 which was definitely a "step up" in receiver quality.

 Glen, K9STH