[Heath] AR-3...

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Fri Jan 22 20:51:44 EST 2016

On 22 Jan 2016 at 22:24, Glen Zook wrote:

> I have both an AR-2 and an AR-3.
>
> For "casual" tuning around, both are "OK".  However, for serious work, I have
> quite a number of receivers that are definitely much better.

Yes. Of course. My first "good" receiver was an S-41G. That should tell you
something. My next "good" receiver was a borrowed S-38D. Finally, my Mom
bought me a used BC-348 and **I** was in 7th heaven!

> Now, for Christmas 1956, my parents got me a used Heath AR-3 to replace the old
> TrueTone receiver that had a single shortwave band that I was using for a
> receiver.  I was in 7th heaven!  The AR-3 was a "real" receiver and I could
> listen to the world.

Do you remember your experiences with it? Could you tell me about some of
those? Also, did you ever use the QF-1 with it?

Ken W7EKB