[Heath] HR-20 S-meter reading weak

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 19:13:35 EDT 2016

Hello, folks! I am trimming up my HR-20 rx and have a very stingy S-Meter.
Sigs that should be S9 (on another rig)) read S3 at best. I've done a full
realign and it went without incident. Checking the Manual ICOD section,
Heath seems to suggest that there's inadequate AVC voltage. Fast and Slow
AVC are working fine. Looking at the schematic, I am not sure if there's a
coupling cap that's leaky or a resistor aged out of range.

Anyone on List have any ideas where I should be looking? The S-Meter amp is
the triode section of the 6EA8 second IF and the AVC amp is the 6BJ7 which
combines the two diodes for the Detector and NL, and the triode AVC amp.

Thanks for your help!

Sandy AC1Y

--
Sent from Sandy'sGmail Mobile