[Heath] Need SB-200 meter switch. Heath part # 63-352 (1-wafer rotary switch with 15 attachment points)

Perry Nettles p.nettles at tx.rr.com
Thu Sep 8 13:00:07 EDT 2016

I acquired this amp about a year ago and have been using it at least 3 or 4 times a month since.
It would not show any relative power or SWR, so I would tune it with a separate SWR / power meter and the power meter on the antenna tuner. I usually can count on 400 watts out. I guessed that the reason for no pick up of SWR or Relative Power was most likely the 1N191 diodes were bad, so  I put that project on the back burner.

Well I finally got around to ordering a pair of diodes and pulled the amp out of the cabinet to look it over for the first time. What I found was that a previous owner had apparently changed out the meter switch with one that does not have enough attachment points, therefore the shielded wires coming from the RF pickup were not even connected. Neither was the wire from the center-tap of the sensitivity pot. The wafer switch presently in the unit only has 12 attachment points, while the original switch, according to the manual and schematic had 15. I went ahead and checked out the diodes and resistors on the pickup..they were all good and within tolerance, so now I at least have a couple of spare 1N191's.

Does anyone have one of these  Heath part #63-352 rotary switches laying around? I don't know what to substitute it with, so if anyone can help, it will certainly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Perry Nettles
KF5SMU