[Heath] Operating instructions for Heathkit Apache transmitter (TX-1) & Single Sideband adapter (SB-10)

A Lawrence Fibich lfibich at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 10 16:19:04 EDT 2016

 I have the 'Assembly and Operation..manual" for both of these units but leaves a lot to be desired.  Basically at the end of the 'manual' they have 'testing and adjustment' but nothing really on basically operating/tuning the units up after those proceedural checks which involve internal connections.  Same goes for the Single Sideband adapter. I bought the units at an 'Estate sale' and have managed to 'figure out' how to get the Apache going - and puts out nicely (about 130 watts) but really unsure about grid drive, etc. readings to adjust to. e.g. Specific 'tune up' instructions.So far working on trying to understand 'tune up' for the Sideband adapter - but appears not working.Anyways, if someone has 'proceedural tune-up' instructions - appreciate it.  Seems would be basic for Heathkit to include such in an "operating section'. 73'sLarry FAF6LF