[Heath] DX-60A Grid Tune Issue

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 8 10:18:32 EDT 2017

You need to read his original message again!  He said 0.5 mA, not 5 mA.  I have found that most of the 6146 family of tubes will put out full power at around 1.75 mA but not below.  Between 2 mA and 2.5 mA grid current per tube is a good target.  Anything above 3 mA will definitely shorten the life of the tube.

The "." before the 5 is very easy to miss!

 Glen, K9STH
Website: http://k9sth.net