[Heath] DX-60A Grid Tune Issue

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat Apr 8 11:46:01 EDT 2017

On 8 Apr 2017 at 7:43, Robert Wood wrote:

> Thank you Ken,
>
> Actually the maximum drive level for 40 through 10 meters is less than 5mA
> (1/2 mA), not 5mA.

Yes, thank you. Glen Zook corrected me on that. I always write such things like this: "0.5".
That way it is harder to miss the ".".

> Hopefully I will get some time this afternoon to adjust L-1 per your
> recommendation and let everyone know.  I agree with you there is no
> information in the manual regarding L-1 adjustment.  The manual only says
> "The plate circuit of V1 is untuned for 80 meter operation, and is slug
> tuned by coil L1 for operation on 40 through 10 meters".

Well, my copy of the manual DOES say somewhere in the trouble-shooting section to
"...repeak L-1..." but gives no information on how to do that.

> I will also try bypassing the low-pass filter then tune up to see what
> affect this has.

After our rereading discussion, at this point, the only thing I can suggest is that if you have a
GDO, that you check the resonance of the driver circuitry when the bandswitch is in the 40
meter position.

Maybe (but it is a long shot) your rig has the same sort of issue that George's did.

Did your DX-60 ever work correctly on 40 and above? Is this failure to work correctly on 40
and above something new?

Ken W7EKB

---