[Heath] DX-60A Grid Tune Issue

Robert Wood radiorob at swbell.net
Sat Apr 8 20:25:27 EDT 2017

Thank you so much everyone,

Another Heathkit responder recommended I adjust the L1 coil to approximately
3/8 inch from the top of the coil.  I did that first and boom, I was able to
get more than enough grid mA on all bands.

I am surprised the individual who sold me this rig said he it was working
after he replaced all of the electrolytic capacitors and 10 out of spec
resistors.  Not sure how it could work because the L1 coils was about 3/4
inch above the top of the coil.

I went ahead and attached the scope as recommended and it also peaked around
3/8 inch from the top of the coil.  I wonder why Heathkit never discussed
this adjustment in the manual?  In any case, I am a happy CW operator now.

Thank you so much for everyone's advise and input.  Hopefully I can return
the favor someday!

73's

Bob K5MBA

  _____