[Heath] HW-10 Shawnee Rebuild Update

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 17:53:02 EST 2017

Hi,

Has anybody asked you what you used to make your measurements? Modern
meters - DMMs - present almost no load at all to the circuit under test.
The readings listed in manuals for old gear were probably obtained with
old style V-O-Ms. Resistance readings shouldn't vary much but voltage
readings in energized gear certainly will. Add that difference to the
normal variations of tubes, caps and resistors with all of the
accumulated tolerances.

Good luck with your project. You can always learn from projects like
this andafter al the work you will have a working radio:)

73,

Bill  KU8H

On 12/30/2017 10:11 PM, Doug & Kathy Davies wrote:
> I managed to obtain some really nice braided fishing line and used that
> to re-string the tx and rx dials.  It worked very well.
>
> However, I just discovered a whole lot more problems.  While carrying
> out the preliminary ohmeter checks, I found just over half of the checks
> turned up incorrect values.  So, I've obviously got a lot greater issues
> to deal with than dial string.
>
> I think I'll put the project aside for a while and re-visit it at a
> later date.
>
> Doug
> VE7DRF

bark less - wag more