[Heath] SB200 HV Question

Paul Blumhardt K5RT at Verizon.net
Thu Feb 2 21:07:05 EST 2017

Jim

                Your HV meter reading is likely low due to the voltage
divider resistor string going up in value. Check those resistors before
doing anything.

                How much power output do you see on 40 meters? Output power
is the real test of if your amp has a problem or not.

Vy 73

Paul

From: Heath [mailto:heath-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Jim's
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2017 7:51 PM
To: heath at puck.nether.net
Subject: [Heath] SB200 HV Question

I have finally got my SB200 on the air. The cap's have been replaced many
years ago but everything else is stock. My idling HV runs about 1900v's key
down it drops to about 1750V's. Line voltage to the amp is off a separate
120 v 20amp ckt. Is this voltage normal? Should I be looking for about
2500v'idiling? Would changing the caps to 180mfd and changing the equalizing
resistors to a lower value help?

Thanks for your information

73

Jim K8DHC