[Heath] SB200 HV Question

George Collins gjcollins at cox.net
Thu Feb 2 22:04:45 EST 2017

Hi Jim,

My SB200 HV runs higher than that.  More like 2400V idling, as I recall.  I
wouldn't expect the caps to cause a low idling voltage.  I would check the
resistors in the HV metering circuit first.  I have replaced mine with
metal-film resistors, paying attention to the voltage rating of the new
resistors.  I used more resistors in the string to get the voltage across
each resistor below the maximum voltage rating of the individual resistor.
Of course the maximum wattage rating of the resistors must be met too.  The
old resistors had changed value over the years.  The voltage rating of some
resistors can be as low as 300V.  It's often overlooked that resistors have
a maximum voltage along with the maximum wattage rating.

73,

George, KC1V