[Heath] Heath / Zenith H8, 89 and 100 series (No PC series)

Steven Feinsmith steven.feinsmith at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 20:37:59 EDT 2017

I acquired Zenith ZF-110 from someone that gave me for a good home. I
inspected and found it had a dual floppy drive and everything looks like a
standard model. Unfortunately, it does not have HD controller, Gemini
board, and software.

Many years ago, I owned Zenith ZF-121 which was one of my best computers
and it fitted with amber screen (I hate green). Also, it equipped with
Gemini board, Winchester controller with a second board attached, Core
International brand hard drive, and 256kB memory boards with a full set of
software provided by Heath/Zenith. I love it so much and enjoyed
programming.

Unfortunately, when I moved to South Florida from New York. Everything went
stolen along with Heathkit H8, H9, H10, H19 and H29 and many hardware and
software disappeared. I do not want to tell more about this incident but
people who steal it was arrested about 8 months later but things were sold
somewhere and not recoverable. Also included a lot of S100 system and SS-50
too.
For so many years passed, I still miss my vintage things and finally, I got
H19, H88, H89 from eBay but impossible to get H8 because they want a lot of
money while I am on social security check every month (retired).

My goal was successful that I got Zenith ZF-110 but no software. The former
owner who gave to me stated the entire of his software and binders soaked
with water due basement flooded. He threw most of his things away.

I also look for a complete library of Technical Design Labs in paper tapes.
Only that I have TDL 12K Basic which considers being very powerful language
programming contained full Zilog Z80 instruction instead of Intel 8080 that
I searched for almost 20 years and finally, I have it in my hands but
several other paper tapes need. I also search for Zenith ZF-121, all-in-one
computer too.
Perhaps, you may have hardware and software that need a good home. Please
let me know and can discuss it.

I forward to hear from you.

Thank you very much and God blessing you!
Steven